Liquor Licensing Tribunal
- any application for a licence referred to in section 33(1) of the Act;
- any application for the transfer of a licence in terms of section 65(9) of the Act;
- representations for or against the granting of applications;
- any report lodged with the Tribunal by a designated liquor officer, an inspector or a municipal official;
- any complaint lodged with the Tribunal regarding the conduct of a licenced business;
- representations by a licencee or other interested person regarding the rescission of the suspension of a licence or the removal or amendment of any condition imposed upon a licence;
- or any other matter referred to the Tribunal by the Chief Executive Officer or which the Tribunal may or must consider in terms of this Act.
The Liquor Licensing Tribunal has been established to consider and make a final decision regarding:
- Presiding Officer with a legal qualification;
- Deputy Presiding Officer with a legal qualification;
- Member from SAPS;
- Member from SALGA;
- 2 Citizens of the Republic, who are permanently resident in the Province (Representatives from the Broader Public).
The Liquor Licensing Tribunal consist of: